CUC Western Riverina
Coming soon to
griffith and leeton
A supportive study community
The Country Universities Centre (CUC) will soon welcome two new locations to its expanding network – Griffith and Leeton.
The Country Universities Centre (CUC) is a not-for-profit organisation, established with the aim of making tertiary education more accessible for regional, rural and remote Australians.
We believe that success of an aspiring student should not be pre-determined by geographical location. That’s why we are motivated to provide the support students need to thrive, free of charge.
about cuc western riverina
Currently under development.
Scheduled to open in Semester Two, 2019.
CUC Western Riverina will operate across two locations, Griffith and Leeton, providing our students with the support required to achieve their education goals.
Refurbishment on both sites is scheduled to begin soon, with the Griffith site expecting to be operational in Semester Two 2019, while the Leeton site is on track to open during Semester One, 2020.
what we do
Our vision is to facilitate, deliver, promote and provide access to university education. We aim to:
· Serve as the primary point of contact for the delivery of university education in the Western Riverina region.
· Facilitate and promote education and career pathways between school, vocational education and training providers, universities and industry.
· Advocate in the best interest of regional students.
· Facilitate the transition for school leavers and mature age students to tertiary level education.
· Provide a space that is conducive to meaningful and productive study, and dedicated to university students.
Students are invited to enjoy the following free of charge:
· Access to high-speed technology and campus-like facilities with extended opening hours.
· Strong tutorial support networks.
· Ability to source mentors and/or job opportunities through CUC’s industry partnerships.
· Printing and scanning equipment.
· Portable video conferencing featuring Lifesize conferencing software.
· A designated study space with dual screen computers.
· Collaborative spaces for tutorials.
· Charging ports and Wifi for BYO devices.
· Portable whiteboard.
· Kitchenette with fridge, microwave, dishwasher and tea/coffee facilities.
meet the team
Erin Callaghan - Centre Manager
Erin has recently moved to Griffith from Wagga Wagga to take up the Centre Manager’s position. She was previously a high school teacher and holds a Bachelor of Secondary Education (PDHPE & History). She has recently returned from two years abroad living and working in Canada.
Erin says: “I am so excited for the opportunities the CUC and in particular the Western Riverina Centre will bring to students of our region. CUCWR offers a viable option for anyone who prefers to stay local, works full or part-time in the area, or have other constraints that would traditionally limit their ability to engage in university education.
Now we can have it all! It is a wonderful opportunity for all students studying by distance to overcome the challenges rural, regional and remote areas face.
I am passionate about rural educational opportunities and look forward to helping students achieve their tertiary education goals, and beyond, right here in the Western Riverina.”
need more information?
Erin (CUC Western Riverina Centre Manager) is looking forward to your call on 0436461003. Alternatively, you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.